Welcome to the Newsroom for the Coalition of Women's Initiatives in Law.
- Congratulations to Coalition member Leslee Cohen of Hershman Cohen LLC, for being Recognized as Only Female “2017 Illinois Super Lawyers' Top 10 Overall.”
- New York Chapter launched on January 28, 2016
- Congratulations to Coalition member and Secretary of the Board, Megan Lopp Mathias on receiving the Alta May Hulett Award. Mathias will be honored at the Chicago Bar Association's Alliance for Women Annual Awards Luncheon on Friday, May 22nd at The Standard Club.
- Coalition's Returnship Program featured in Law360 Article
- A number of women representing Coalition member firms were recognized as 2015 Super Lawyers. View the List Here
- Three members of the Coalition were recognized on the Law Bulletin's 40 Under Forty list for 2014. Read about each here: Julianne Hartzell, Emily Milman, Katherine Minarik.
- The Coalition held it's 5th Annual Leadership Forum on November 18th. Read the Press Release here.
- Congratulations to Coalition Member Angela Elbert on receiving the Daily Point of Light Award. Read the article here.
- Congratulations to Coalition Member Firms recognized on the list of Best Law Firms for Women. View the list here.
- Coalition President Margo Wolf O'Donnell recognized by the Law Bulletin's 40 Under Forty Hall of Fame. Read the full article.
- Coalition member Meredith Ritchie featured in the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin on regulation in the post-financial crisis world. Read the full article.
- Coalition Board Secretary, Jennifer Waters authors National Law Review article about NAWL's P2P Program. Read the full article.
- Coalition President Margo Wolf O'Donnell featured in the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin sharing her thoughts on how law firms, like the Coalition, must constantly evolve to keep up with current legal and business trends. Read the full article.
- Congratulations to Pia Thompson, Executive Director & Deputy General Counsel for Navigant Consulting on being named a recipient of 2014 POW Womentics Award. POW Womentics Award Recipients
- Lifting While Climbing - Member Angela Elbert featured in Super Lawyers Digital Magazine.
- Firms and Attorneys Foresee Multiple Benefits to Supporting Women’s Business Goals -- Coalition Treasurer, Jennifer Rakstad, talks to the ABA
- 40 Tips for Lawyers Under 40
- McDonnell Boehnen's Responses to Coalition Questions Re Women's Initiatives
- Coalition President Kelly Turner was extensively quoted in a recent article in The Glass Hammer, “Women’s Initiatives: Driving Business for Law Firms.”
- Several attorneys recognized as “40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty To Watch” over the past ten years sit on the Board of Directors of the Coalition of Women’s Initiatives in Law. As we continue to make progress in increasing the number of women climbing to the upper law firm ranks, these women recognize the need to encourage and help other women to excel in the profession. Looking back on their legal careers to date, these women, who come from a wide range of firms and practice areas, offered the following advice to our magazine. Click here for a copy of the article.
The Coalition’s In-House Counsel Committee put on its first program for all Coalition members on July 12, 2012, “Demonstrating the Value of Legal Departments and In-House Lawyers,” with panelists Cathy Landman (The Pampered Chef), Audrey Rubin (Aon) and Sarah Weil (Abbott) discussing and giving advice on how in-house counsel can work with internal business clients as well as outside counsel. Click here to few the article in the Law Bulletin.
- Four attorneys from law firm members of the Coalition were recognized as "100 Women to Watch" in the July edition of Today's Chicago Women. They are Terri Mascherin and E. Lynn Grayson of Jenner & Block; Sonya Rosenberg of Neal Gerber & Eisenberg; and Margo Wolf O'Donnell of Vedder Price. Lynn Grayson was one of the founding members of the Coalition, and Margo is currently a member of the Coalition's Executive Committee.
- Margo Wolf O'Donnell also was recently honored by Chicago Lawyer as one of 15 "Women Making an Impact" on the legal profession. Click here for a copy of the article.