Archived Member News
- Angela Elbert and Marcia Owens Named in the "Top 100 Women Making a Difference" by Today's Chicago Woman Magazine View the entire article here.
- A big congratulations to Wildman Harrold's Marcia Owens--she was selected as this year's recipient of the CBA's Alliance for Women's Alta May Hulett award for her contributions to the advancement of women in the legal profession and her professional accomplishments.
- Congratulations to Schiff Hardin's Patricia Costello Slovak for receiving CBA's Alliance for Women's Founder's Award.
- Congratulations to the following Coalition Member firms for being named by Working Mother as a great place to work:
- NAWL 2009 Survey
- Jenner & Block's Joan M. Hall is recognized by Chicago Lawyer Magazine as a "Woman of Firsts"
- Jenner & Block Partner Lorelie S. Masters authors an article on diversity:
"Creating Pathways To Success For All: Achieving The Diversity That Our Clients Want From Law Firms"
- Jenner & Block Associates Sarah Crane and Stephanie Jean-Jacques are featured in the CBA Record "A Day at the Courthouse" as participants in the Women Everywhere: Partners in Service Project
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP ranked among the Nation's Top Ten Family Friendly Firms by Yale Law Women - Announcement
- Much Shelist elevates Income Partner Julie Hanusa to Equity Principal - Announcement
- The Coalition is proud to announce its partnership with The Legal Balance. The Legal Balance is an online community catering exclusively to women attorneys like you who seek a resource in work-life balance. To help you find a better balance we offer resources that improve the promotion, retention and leadership of women attorneys in the legal profession and beyond.
- Angela Elbert, a Partner at Neal Gerber & Eisenberg, Coalition Board member and co-chair of the Coalition Community Outreach Committee, was recently appointed to the Chicago Board of Step Up Women's Network. Step Up is a philanthropic partner of the Coalition and is a national, nonprofit membership organization dedicated to connecting and advancing women and girls. It serves as a bridge between communities of professional women and underserved teen girls through mentorship, networking and advancement. More information about Step Up can be found at http://www.suwn.org/.
- The Coalition of Women's Initiatives in Law: From Dream to Reality by: Pamela M. Belyn, Much Shelist ISBA Diversity Matters - June 2009
- Future Performance: Your Guide to a Successful Career in Law by: Mona M. Stone, Esq., Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell LLP
- Chicago Lawyer Magazine
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
- Lawyers USA
- National Law Journal
- Chicago Lawyer
- Coalition of Women's Initiatives in Law Firms Launches in Chicago
Click here to see which law firms are members of the Coalition.
Click here to see where In-House Counsel Members are From